Copyright 2007 Louis R. Coatney
GAME-TURNS -- 1-4 Basic Game, 1-6 Campaign Game:
|2. 21Oct-10Nov41||1-4 Mud/5-6 Good||.||.
|3. 11-30Nov41||Hard Frost/Snow||.||.
|4. 1-20Dec41||Snow||.||10. A,
1. Shk A, Kalinin Front
REPLACEMENTS AND REINFORCEMENTS -- for Russians only:
- Beginning in Gameturn 1., the Russians receive replacements of infantry armies and fronts whose total attack factors equal no more than 4 per turn. These replacement infantry points may be accumulated from turn to turn. 1 lost tank unit may also be replaced per turn. (The 4. Parachute Korps may not be replaced.)
One replacement unit each may enter the game on any city or town in Russian supply from the eastern mapboard edge. One may enter on Moscow even if it is surrounded. Except for tank units, all Russian replacement units are Disrupted upon their arrival into the game.
- Turn 4 Russian (Siberian Reserve) reinforcement units (listed on the game-turn table above), on the other hand, may appear on or adjacent to any other Russian unit in supply or on any Russian city or town in supply and not last occupied by a German unit. Reinforcements (and tanks) arrive UnDisrupted and ready to move/attack in that turn.
- Russian Rail Movement: Any UnDisrupted Russian unit may move any number of hexes unblocked by German units or empty hexes adjacent to UnDisrupted German army units. They are Disrupted at the end of their trip. Germans do not get rail movement.
- During the Replacement, Reinforcement, and Rail Movement Phase, the Russian Player may
voluntarily eliminate any of his units (to relocate them in better positions, for example). Reintroducing these voluntarily eliminated units does lose their replacement factors, though.
- Siberian Reserve Gamble: The Russian Player may bring in his Turn 4 reinforcements before that turn, but from the turn of their entry through Turn 3, he must cast a die each turn. If he rolls the number the German Player has chosen, the Japanese have invaded Siberia, and the Russian Player loses the game!
- Mud: No Blitzkrieg movement or combat. Only 1 German air unit, maximum. No Armor
Overrun. Only Moscow-Smolensk highway gives movement bonus.
- Hard Frost: Same as Good weather
- Snow: No Blitzkrieg movement or combat. Only 1 German air unit. No German Armor Overrun. Highway movement bonus in still effect.
The combat odds are shifted one (additional?) column in favor of the Russians on defense or on attack unless the Germans are defending in any city or town. Rivers and lakes are frozen over and have no effect on movement or combat.