Copyright 2007 Louis R. Coatney
|Die Roll||...||Air Combat Result
Air Combat Results Definition:
- RusDEd = Russian air unit is "shot down:" it cannot be used for the rest of the current gameturn or the following gameturn.
- Intercepted = Bombing air unit successfully Intercepted and prevented from achieving its mission. Both air units immediately return to base for the rest of the phase.
- - = No effect against either side.
- GerDEd = German air unit is "shot down:" it cannot be used for the rest of the current gameturn or the following gameturn.
- Air units may bomb only in the owning player's combat phases (including additionally in the German Blitzkrieg phase). They may also intercept during the opposing player's combat or supply phase.
- During operational attacks, German air units increase a ground attack by one combat odds column against Russian units in Major Cities or Forest or by two columns against Russian units in more open terrain. During Blitzkrieg attacks, this is just one combat odds column, regardless of terrain.
Russian air units increase Russian ground attacks by only one column.
- German air units may bomb any hex up to 2 hexes away from a supplied German ground unit or may bomb Moscow at any range.
Russian front air units may attack any hex up to 1 hexes away from a supplied Russian ground unit or any Russian city not last occupied by German ground units.
- German bombing raids on Moscow may be made only during the German Initial Combat phase. Rolling a "6" can cause "PANIC!!, which raises the combat odds of every German attack by one column for the rest of that gameturn. If both German air units have been allocated to the attack, they are both considered used, even if the first unit rolls the "6." A roll of "1" shoots down the air unit for 2 turns.
- Both German air units may be combined against any ground or air target. Not more than 1 Russian front air unit may attack or defend/intercept each.
- Air units are not based on the map.
- A parachute korps must be UnDisrupted at the start of the turn, to be used in a paradrop (2 hexes from its base city or town) at which time it is Disrupted.