Your free British HUNT Type 1 Escort Destroyer
and German "Raubvogel Klasse" torpedoboot
Dedication: This model ship (plan) is dedicated to the members of the Royal and Commonwealth navies who fought the German Kriegsmarine in the English Channel, North Sea, and other northern coastal waters during the Second World War.
NOTE: This Cardstock Model Ship Plan is COPYRIGHTED--NOT Public Domain--
and FREE only under the following conditions:
Schools and museums are free to make and keep copies for in-house educational use ... in gratitude for the fine education and research assistance I have always received from such institutions.
An individual is free to make these models for his/her own personal use.
All other rights--including publishing rights--are reserved to me: Louis R. Coatney.
And NOW ...
Your free British HUNT Type 1 Escort Destroyer(s) and German "Raubvogel Klasse" torpedoboot(en) ... For you to Build and Keep
Photo of HUNT Type 1 models at 1:300, 1:600, and 1:1200 scales.
1:600 -- 50 ft. per inch, producing models about 5.5 inches/15cms long --
or 1:700 (which would be 1/2 the length of 1:350 on the Scale Selector)
is a good length for a beginning cardstock shipmodeler.
Also, begin by building a gun turret rather than the hull ...
making as many tries as necessary until you are satisfied.
This is a MUCH faster, simpler, and more satisfying way
to begin learning cardstock construction.
Now would you like to return to my Home Page to look over my FREE military history game? ... or would you like to go to my page having additional photos of my cardstock model ships and a discussion of their design?
- General Instructions, 13Feb97 for constructing cardstock model warships.
(Suggestions for changes and additions are always welcome.)
- Specific Instructions for constructing your models, along with Comments on the Design--IN PROGRESS.
- NOTE: Download these files and bring them back up with an independent viewer. Printing them directly off of Netscape cuts off most of the drawings, for some reason. Then enlarge/reduce the drawings (as scale requires) onto the cardstock from which you intend to construct your model.
- The construction plans, 19Aug02 of your British HUNT Type 1 escort destroyer, for you to print off (and photocopy) onto cardstock, for assembly.
- The construction plans, 19Aug02 of your German "Raubvogel Klasse" torpedoboot, for you to print off (and photocopy) onto cardstock, for assembly.
- A Brief History of these ships and their battles in Northern European waters--IN PROGRESS.